The Carroll Café committee and volunteers want to thank all of you who make Carroll Café possible for this season just passed. Without an audience of music lovers we wouldn’t be here, and we hope that you will come out for the next season.
The concerts we presented this past season were Magpie, Phil Wiggins and The Chesapeake Sheiks, Richie and Rosie, Deeper than the Skin, Tret Fure, Trio Sefardi, Ocean Celtic Quartet, and Reunion Road. They were all too wonderful for words, and our deep gratitude and well wishes go out to each and every one of them.
For the 2019/20 season we will present:
October 11, 2019 – Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer
November 8, 2019 – Greg Greenway
December 13, 2019 – Crys Matthews
January 10, 2020 – Victoria Vox
February 14, 2020 – Tom Prasada-Rao
March 13, 2020 – In Process
April 10, 2020 – Pierce Pettis and David Webb
May 8, 2020 – IONA Music
June 12, 2020 Scott Ainslie
We really do hope to see you all as we continue to bring you the best musicians making the world a better place.
Have a great summer.
- that music is a gift that brings a deeper understanding and experience of the Creator and ourselves in a way different from any other discipline;
- that music is a gift for everyone, and everyone’s own music can be good and useful;
- that music from other places, cultures, and times can be important for everyone to bring us to mutual understanding;
- that music can promote cooperation, compassion, empathy, and friendship amongst all people;
- that roots music is a living tradition that grows out of the relationships between an artist and an audience.
We are called:
- to offer excellent music to the community at the nexus of Takoma Park, Montgomery County, and the Greater DC area for education, inspiration, enlightenment, and joy so everyone can receive the gifts that music offers;
- to provide a venue for musicians to present their music and thought; where they can be paid a fair wage for their skill and dedication;
- to help visitors learn more about, and experience the hospitality of, Seekers Church;
- to use music to create a world of equality, fellowship, and justice.
For more information, please write us at email@example.com or call Sandra at 240-350-1769 during daytime hours or 202-829-9882 the night of the show.