Carroll Café hosts fabulous local, national, and international performers, mostly in the roots and folk traditions, on the second Friday of each month, October through June. It all happens at Seekers Church in Takoma DC. Our next season begins October 12. Check out Upcoming Shows for the full schedule.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR MUSICIANS, GUESTS, AND VOLUNTEERS!
The last concert of the 2017-18 Carroll Café season was a few weeks ago, and it is long since time to offer our thanks to all who have been part of this terrific collaboration of and for the community.
To the wonderful and gifted musicians who have graced our stage, please know how incredibly grateful we are that you shared your time and talents with us. You have contributed immeasurably to how Carroll Café fulfills its call:
- that music is a gift that brings a deeper understanding and experience of the Creator and ourselves in a way different from any other discipline;
- that music is a gift for everyone, and everyone’s own music can be good and useful;
- that music from other places, cultures, and times can be important for everyone to bring us to mutual understanding.
- that music can promote cooperation, compassion, empathy, and friendship amongst all people.
- that roots music is a living tradition that grows out of the relationships between an artist and an audience.
We are called:
- to offer excellent music to the community at the nexus of Takoma Park, Montgomery County, and the Greater DC area for education, inspiration, enlightenment, and joy so everyone can receive the gifts that music offers.
- to provide a venue for musicians to present their music and thoughts; where they can be paid a fair wage for their skill and dedication.
- to help visitors learn more about, and experience the hospitality of, Seekers Church.
- to use music to create a world of equality, fellowship, and justice.
To each and every person who came to a single concert or many to support the music and musicians, and the team that forms the foundation of the venue, our gratitude knows no bounds.
Then there are the volunteers who come out to help at one concert or many, there enough that we can say to convey the thanks of the community. Without you we couldn’t offer this venue to anyone.
We are pleased to say that our 2018-19 season will be another great opportunity to immerse yourselves in music, music, music! Please see the schedule posted on our Upcoming Shows page and look for the email announcing that registration is open for concert number 1 with Magpie!
With sincere thanks,
Glen Yakushiji, Denise LeClair, Margreta Silverstone, Doug Dodge, Sandra Miller